Wednesday 1 May 2019

The Bull Of Bashan

The Bull Of Bashan

I’m Jesse and I had the worst experience at school today..!
It was Singing Class and the singing inspector was coming.The singing inspector, which was Mr Raymond ,had this knickerbockers and thick stockings looking like a huntsman.He had icy, cold and evil eyes.He had long, golden, kind of looking macaroni and cheese looking hair...He’s the meanest, insolent, brusque man, I’ve ever known!

The big boys and little kids don’t even do singing class!I wish I was a kid again, so I wouldn’t need to see him....It all started really well, we just had to do the practice things.The dó ray mi fá so la ti dó and the tatá and tetes .Then it was Charles and Benny’s turn to sing. They looked really scared...I feel really sorry for them.Out of nowhere Mr R or Mr Raymond in a vexed voice shouted at them”What can you sing?! ,Sing anything!”In a feeble voice Charles said”W-We can sing Pretty Polly...”.”The sing it!”Mr R roared. He looked just like the bull of bashan. Not being offensive but it sounded abhorrent and dire.Charles began to sing Pretty Polly in a kind of sonorous voice and Benny ,the Long one, sang in a piping voice.They were really frantic! We all tried not to laugh so hard because we were afraid of Mr R .In the middle of the verse they stopped because they were already out of breath.Then Mr Raymond clamoured”Waste of time! Waste of time! Two voiceless idiots! In a singing class!,Send them out!”


Then It was my turn to sing.I think I did well, he didn't squall at me or anything.Then it Gladys Armstrong and Iris's turn,They looked petrified that not even a sound came out of there mouth.

Then Mr R said"What do we have here the deaf and the dumb wheres your voices girls?!"
I felt so sorry for them,all I wanted to do is tell that man he's a disrespectful and churlish man! I wish I could go do exams and learn math with the big boys. 

2 comments:

  1. I know all of the big kids want to be small and sleep in a cozy,nice blanket, but don't give up yet there is still time of happiness in your life. Was Mr Raymond really scary in real life? I really agree he was like a bull ready for a competition to begin. I think you sang very beautifully too,but doing a test! I hope you are going to survive this year while Mr Raymond is going to be really angry, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Jacqueline great use of punctuation and spelling. I think it is well put together and good thinking. I like how it was just right to under stand it and it feels like you are in the moment with them. but one question who do you play in this story.

    ReplyDelete

Howard Carter discover tomb of Tutankhamen.