Sunday 26 May 2019

A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

My name is Donna and yesterday I woke up and was starving to go eat, I but didn’t find anything inside the fridge. I didn’t have anything to eat!
I had to walk to school and it wasn’t that pleasing. There was a lot of trash and mud on the roads and a lot of bothersome flies and mosquitoes buzzing around me.
On my way to school I saw that environment was pretty bad I saw children playing with trash. Poor kids they’ll get sick!
In my class there’s 60 children and 1 notebook that we have to share. It’s really hard for me to write in 1 notebook while there are kids pummelling me. I saw our teacher, Miss McGordon, was really tired from telling the kids to be quiet.
I couldn’t really concentrate properly, because I didn’t eat at all.
I heard someone coughing really bad and dark red liquid coming out this boy’s mouth, named Jamie, I was terrified, my mom said it’s called blood, a type of liquid that’s inside your body.


Then I went home feeling miserable and cold. My clothes were all dirty from all that walking. On my way I went to visit Auntie Jolly. She wasn’t home her daughter said that she was terribly sick in hospital. I hope she gets better, well nobody gets well anyways. It’s too dirty here, and smelly.
Now I’m lying in bed and I’m really sick I can’t go to school today and I’m having the worst day in my life, at least I got to eat something today.
I hope they are going to improve on the cleaninng around here.
I hope one day will be able to have a normal home just like the other people.

1 comment:

  1. Great story, I loved every bit of it. They way you described how you were living was excellent detail. keep writing because I know you have a talent for it!

    ReplyDelete

Howard Carter discover tomb of Tutankhamen.